Share this product
Discover the product that many call the cure for the common cold with this all new herbal cold and flu relief
- ANNIHILATES harmful micro-organisms instantly
- NATURALLY promotes clear, open sinuses, lungs and airways
- STARTS working immediately
- IMPROVES circulation and blood flow
What’s in it:
Ingredients of this herbal cold and flu relief: Garlic, onions, ginger root, horseradish, cayenne pepper
Who Needs It?
With the cold weather comes illness. Coughs, colds, snuffles and flus.
Along with these illnesses comes symptoms such as…
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Persistent cough
- Aching body
- Watery eyes
- Loss of appetite
Going to the doctor doesn’t solve the problem. Pharmaceutical medication will do one thing: mask the symptoms of your illness. It does not get to the root of what is causing it and help you heal.
In fact, masking the symptoms can often prolong the illness, as it prevents the body from doing what it needs to do to get you well again.
That’s often the reason you hear people complaining of their cough or cold lingering, and never completely disappearing until the warm weather comes along.
While it is true that we can suffer from coughs, colds and flus any time of year, winter is the ‘cold season’ because…
- Closed windows and indoor heaters creates a lack of ventilation, allowing germs to be spread from person to person easily in this stale air
- There are fewer daylight hours which means less vitamin D and a less-effective immune system
- Indoor heaters mean our nasal passages become dehydrated. This allows germs to more-easily enter our body rather than becoming trapped in our mucous.
There are steps we can take to try and avoid becoming sick in the winter months:
- Avoiding crowded public places and sick people when possible
- Fuel your body with high levels of nutrition so it can more easily fight off any pathogens it is exposed to. Consider juicing regularly or taking a superfood supplement such as our Mountain Nutrition. If you feel you may be getting sick, take our Echinacea or our Echinacea Plus to boost your immune system’s functioning.
- Keep the air around you clean. Where possible, open windows and doors. If you are unable to do this, use essential oils (such as our Air Detox) to keep things smelling nice AND kill any germs and viruses that may be in the air.
- Maintain a good level of hygiene. Importantly, wash your hands regularly, especially after sneezing or blowing your nose, or after touching surfaces that sick people may have come into contact with before you. You may like to make use of a natural antibacterial spray, but stay away from those chemical-laden hand sanitizer gels that most people use—they contain some damaging ingredients.
- Keep your fingers away from your face. Your fingers and hands are more likely than other parts of your body to come into contact with pathogens. If, after touching an infected surface, they then make their way to your nose, eyes or mouth, those pathogens are able to enter your body and infect it.
- Keep warm. Yes, what your grandparents said about wearing your hat outside in the cold had a lot of truth to it. Scientists now believe that getting cold makes us more susceptible to infections.
- Get moving and get outdoors. While the cold weather can make us just want to sit in front of the fire indoors, our immune system needs circulation to work at its best. Our blood needs to pump around the body and our lymphatic system needs things to get moving. Vitamin D is also crucial to a functioning immune system, and exercising outdoors will help you to keep up your levels of this vitamin.
- Get enough sleep so your body can repair and rebuild itself.
However, if you DO get sick, here’s what you should do:
- Stop eating…so your body can divert its energy to getting you well again rather than to digesting your food
- Start drinking. Rather than getting your nutrition from food, then, get it from freshly-juiced fruits and vegetables. Keep hydrated with filtered water, too, and herbal teas.
- Take LOTS of germ-fighting herbs. Are you taking note? This is the step where you take THIS PRODUCT…our amazing Supertonic that kills germs with its mix of anti-bacterial herbs. Taking this product, and lots of it, can help your immune system to overcome illness super-fast. Take it straight, dilute it in water, or gargle with it. Allowing it to come into direct contact with your tonsils will help that sore throat to instantly feel better.
- Rest up. Spend some time in bed, and give your body the chance to do what it needs to do to get you better
How it works:
The herbs in this formula have some serious germ busting power!
- GARLIC: is usually the number one herb on any herbalist’s top 10 herbs list, and has been used all throughout history due to its amazing variety of uses. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-parasitic properties. Garlic produces a chemical called allicin which is responsible for much of garlic’s potency, as well as its smell. Garlic has also been used to help re-establish a natural population of gut bacteria which is often thrown out of balance after an infection or illness. Garlic is also thought to help as a decongestant, to clear the airways, as well as an expectorant. Fever is thought to be reduced by consuming garlic, as it encourages perspiration. Additionally, garlic improves circulation by increasing blood flow to tissues in the body
- ONIONS: has been used since the days of ancient Egypt as both a culinary and medicinal herb. Like garlic, onion is an expectorant for coughs and congestion. It is also high in Vitamin C, a herb that is crucial to the functioning of the immune system. Onion is believed to have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as increasing circulation—all of which are helpful in the treatment of coughs and colds.
- GINGER ROOT: is one of the best herbs for stimulating the circulatory system. It increases the blood flow to the skin’s surface. Ginger also promotes perspiration which can help to reduce fevers. Ginger has a warming and soothing effect which can help to bring relief to persistent coughs and respiratory problems. It has some pain-relieving effects which can help with bodily aches. It can enhance the functioning of the immune system and alleviate the feeling of nausea that often accompanies illness.
- HORSERADISH: is a very warming herb, especially useful during the winter season. Interestingly, at the same time it is a diuretic which induces sweating and can help reduce fevers brought about by colds and flus. It increases circulation, is an expectorant and has some mild anti-biotic properties.
- CAYENNE PEPPER: has an active ingredient called ‘capsaicin’ which is what gives this herb its hotness. Capsaicin stimulates the hypothalamus which desensitises its warmth detectors. This results in a decrease in body temperature. As well as this being helpful in reducing fevers, it may explain why this herb is so widely used as a culinary herb in tropical climates such as Central and South America, Africa and Asia. Cayenne is high in Vitamin C, and can bring about relief from minor aches and pains. It has anti-biotic properties and promotes circulation and blood flow to the bodily extremities and the central organs. This can help to rapidly eliminate waste products in the body and increase the flow of nutrients to the body’s tissues.
How to Take it:
The suggested dose is 2 droppers-full (60 drops) 3 times a day, or more if you are sick. This dosage can be consumed as usual, or gargled before swallowing to relieve a sore throat.
Cold and Flu Blast Dosage:
Whenever I feel the signs of a cold coming on I like to do what is called my cold and flu blast.
This is a simple preparation of my Supertonic and my Echinacea Plus tonics.
I like to get about 200ml of fresh squeezed orange juice. I add 12 droppersful of my Echinacea Plus and 6 droppersful of the super tonic (herbal cold and flu relief) to it. If I feel like I need some added vitamin C then I will add in 6 droppersful of the 100% plant based Natures Vitamin C.
I will swallow this down in about 2-3 minutes. I will do this 3-4 times a day. Now that is a blast of natures antibacterial, antiviral and antifungals, along with natures immune booster and natures vitamin C complex.