Share this product
Soothes and calm any digestive disturbance!
- RELIEVES gas, bloating, indigestion and upset stomachs
- GREAT for motion sickness
- FRESHENS breath, leaving a pleasant taste in your mouth/strong>
- SUITABLE for children with sensitive digestion
Ingredients: Ginger root; Fennel seed; and Peppermint leaf and oil.
Who Needs It?
This multi-purpose formula is great to have on-hand for anyone. It is especially useful for those times when we overindulge and pay the price, are suffering from travel sickness, or simply need to freshen up our breath!
It works almost instantly to bring about much-wanted relief from the unpleasant symptoms of nausea, bloating, gas, indigestion, stomach pain and more. It can also prevent vomiting in cases of severe nausea.
I use it for myself as well as giving it to my children. Recently, my 10-month-old was crying for almost an hour from wind and stomach pain. Despite trying a range of remedies, he was still in pain. Finally, I gave him a few drops of this formula, and within a minute, he was happy again!
This is a wonderful tonic to keep by your bedside for those times you wake up in the middle of the night with acid reflux or heartburn. Taking a few droppers-full of this tonic—either straight, or diluted in some water—will have you feeling better and back to sleep again in no time.
When you dine out and don’t make the best food choices, you can very quickly begin to pay the price…and what began as a good night out can end not so well. Taking a few droppers-full of this formula can have you feeling better again and ready for more socialising.
If you ever suffer from motion sickness, keeping a bottle of this Digestive Tonic in the car can be a life-saver.
How it works:
- GINGER ROOT: is considered a carminative herb. This means that it stimulates the digestive system and relaxes the stomach. In doing this, digestion is supported and gas along the digestive tract is expelled. Ginger is particularly effective for reducing or eliminating the effects of nausea. It helps to prevent the fermentation of food along the digestive tract and stops the formation of gas, and has been commonly used for stomach cramps.
- FENNEL SEED: is quite a mild yet effective herb, making it suitable for use with children. Like ginger, it is also considered a carminative herb, used for flatulence, colic, indigestion and griping pains. It has a naturally-sweet taste and is pleasant to consume. Fennel contains volatile oils which increase digestive enzymes in the stomach, relax spasms of the digestive tract.
- PEPPERMINT LEAF: is famous for its ability to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and stomach upsets. Like the other herbs in this formula, it is a carminative herb, and has been used for problems such as flatulence, gas and bloating, and as a digestion aid. Peppermint has pain-killing properties, while strengthening the nerves. This is unlike pharmaceutical painkillers, which weaken them. Peppermint works almost instantly to relieve symptoms, which makes it suitable for use with infants experiencing colic. Peppermint has been used for cases of fainting or dizzy spells, diarrhoea, and headaches and migraines.
- PEPPERMINT OIL: acts as a spasmolytic agent—i.e. able to relieve spasms. This helps to reduce belching and has a generally relaxing effect on the body.
How to Take it:
The suggested dose is 15 drops in 60ml of water, 2-4 times a day.
However, this tonic can be taken straight (it is quite strong, though!) or a few droppers-full can be added to hot water to make a tasty digestive tea.